Early Career Writer Mentorship 2019
Terms & Conditions
- Open to Australian residents only.
- Applicants may submit one entry only.
- Applications must be submitted through the online form at radiantpavilion.com.au
- Applications close Sunday 10 February 2019, 11.59pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT).
- ‘Early career’ is self-defined by the applicant and is to be expressed in the application form.
- Late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Radiant Pavilion accepts no responsibility for entries not received due to technical difficulties.
- One eligible applicant will be selected by a panel comprising the mentor and representatives from the publisher, Metalsmith and Radiant Pavilion. All decisions made by the panel are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If insufficient applications are received, Radiant Pavilion reserves the right to invite early career writers to apply.
- Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday 18 February 2019.
- All applicants must be available to undertake the mentorship from 1 March to 1 August 2019.
- The mentor will spend 20 hours with the selected writer, by phone, and email, during business hours (Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm, Central European Standard Time).
- The writer is responsible for the production of one piece for publication, due no later than 1 July 2019, including: research, writing, securing images and rights for publication; and all other related activities.
- The topic and content of the piece is at the discretion of the writer and mentor but must relate to contemporary jewellery and object practice.
- The mentor will work with the writer to develop the concept and provide guidance through the development of the piece.
- The writer will receive a fee from Radiant Pavilion of AUD$1,500, paid in two instalments.
- The writer must provide Radiant Pavilion and Metalsmith with information on the piece, including the theme and a sample of the text, no later than 5 May 2019.
- The finished piece will be published by Metalsmith journal in the August 2019 edition.
- Metalsmith reserves the right not to publish the piece at their discretion.
- The writer must provide their own personal, public liability and any other necessary insurance for the duration of the project.
- The writer will ensure that their work is original and in no way constitutes and infringement of copyright, moral rights, or other rights by a third party. Radiant Pavilion will not be held liable for any legal action as a result of the work developed and published.
- The writer will submit a brief report on the mentorship to Radiant Pavilion no later than 29 September 2019.
- Applicants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.