A new opportunity for Victorian early career writers
Terms & Conditions
1. Open to Victorian residents only.
2. Applicants may only submit one entry.
3. Applications must be submitted through the online form at radiantpavilion.com.au
4. Applications close on Sunday 6 August 2017, 11.59pm AEST.
5. Early career is defined as a writer who has had less than three pieces published (this does not include personal blogs and/or websites).
6. All applications must include at least one and maximum of two samples of the entrant’s writing (e.g. article, review, critical essay) of no more than 500 words per sample. Samples do not need to be of published works.
7. All submitted sample writing and the selected writers’ commissioned pieces must be their original work and must not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
8. Copyright of all texts (samples and commissioned pieces) will remain with the applicant.
9. If insufficient entries are received Radiant Pavilion and Art Jewelry Forum (AJF) reserve the right to invite early career writers for the commission.
10. Two eligible applicants will be selected by a committee of representatives from Radiant Pavilion, AJF and Crafted Words’ established writers against the defined Selection Criteria. All decisions made by the committee are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The selected writers are each to produce a 1000wd piece for online publication by AJF in 2017. The theme, direction and format is entirely up to the writers but the initial concept of the piece should be taken from Radiant Pavilion 2017 – a conversation sparked; issues within the field that were identified etc. Radiant Pavilion will not seek to influence the content of the works.
12. The commissioned pieces must adhere to AJF’s Website Standards. AJF reserves the right to withhold publication if these standards are not met.
13. The selected writers give Radiant Pavilion and AJF the right to publish the commissioned pieces.
14. The selected writers will each be paid AUD$500 for their commissioned piece.
15. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Radiant Pavilion accepts no responsibility for entries not received due to technical difficulties.
16. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday 18 August 2017.
17. Applicants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.